Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*Disclaimer*
This is not directed at anyone in general. This is not directed at this forum by itself, but also at another forum I frequent.

Hey, where's everyone going?

I know I haven't been around that long, so I guess I really don't have that much of a place to say this, but where is everyone going?

I showed up here maybe a month ago (maybe less, it was before the forum change), when I got my new lantra, and found these forums pretty crowded, with new topics and responses almost every time I clicked the reload button on IE.

Now, I mean, a lot of the names that I've been used to seeing have disappeared. Beyond that, a lot of newbies have been dropping off like flies when they ask questions, give opinions or offer suggestions and get hammered with exceptionally harsh responses. I mean, I can understand when someone posts "I want an intake, where can I buy it," that people want to find that person, smack em in the head, and point them to the stickied topic on intakes, but you don't need to say something like "You fucking Newbie, use the fucking search function, fuck you and your car, your fucking fuck."

Sigh

Sorry, I don't mean to come off as a self-rightous prick, but I left another forum cause of this kind of stuff. For a while, I was on another forum, and it decended into a place where people only expressed their anger.

I've learned a lot from the people here, and I'd hate to see more people leave because they feel unwelcome. I feel that there is a lot of knowledge collectively here, with people willing to share their experiences in order to help others. I saw the forum I was (formerly) really active in from before fall apart as the entire forum became just a large number of arguements.

I'm not trying to make a point. I'm not trying to cause change. I'm not trying to stir up controvercy. I'm just trying to speak my mind.

Finally:

Ilanpro, and others who have left. I think I speak for many of us here when I say that we would love for you to return to the forum. I know that things have happened in the past to make you feel unwanted, but the truth is that we all like to hear what you have to say.

Sorry to be long winded. Just wanted to get it off my chest.

ps. Sed, if you leave, I'm driving down to Florida, and I'm gonna beat you with a bat until you rejoin the forums.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
I haven't seen anything like what you mentioned above directed towards newbies on here since the change (I know I and others were guilty of it back on the old EXD, but with the newbie section I don't think this is a problem at all here). About people leaving... people come, people go, people come, people go... that's how life and the internet is. About lack of new threads... I only start threads when I have a question or when I have something to show, and I think that's how most people are. That means we all need to start asking more questions or start doing more mods so that we can show them to everyone.

My personal thoughts (also not directed towards anyone)... as long as every week there is a "Where's everyone going?" or a "I'm leaving" thread people are just going to continue to think there is something wrong here, which I don't think there is.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not saying that there is anything wrong here, I just needed a place to vent a bit of fustration that's built up for a while.

I'm sorry if I came across like that, it wasn't ment to be stated as such.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I don't really mind when people leave the forum because they get a better car or something. It means they're doing better financially and are able to get better cars... I am more happy for them than mad at them for leaving. I mean, I would love to be able to say "I'm leaving because I just got myself a 2006 M5."

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
And while my Enzo is in the shop for its 7000$ oil change I'll put a touch screen audio system in my XD LOL I agree with Super in that the nature of the internet is transient. It doesn't mean that there is a problem here, only that we are a constantly changing group. And I have noticed fewer "stupid noob" responses here on the new format.

·
Other options seeker
693 Posts
Also remember that at the end of winter people are most agravated. They want to get out of the house and can't. They are waiting for summer vacation and mod time and the weather doesn't agree. Then when it does come around, people are actually on vacation and modding and only check by once a week or so. Just my 0.02

·
Newbie Forever
887 Posts
black04gt, you are absolutely correct in what you said. It's the agressive BS that's really annoyed me lately and misinformation given to some of the young guys/gals. When somebody older gives advice, he gets challanged as how he became expert. So I'll still tell someone my opinion, but that's it!

·
The Girl
2,894 Posts
I signed up earlier this month.....it was after the change and I have not experienced any harsh attitudes. This place has actually been very helpful. I am new at the whole car modification thing, actually I don't know that much.....but this place has helped me get started. ElantraXD, in my opinion is where the experience help the beginners, even if it is just a simple question on what looks good.

.....the overall experience in this forum is good, as someone said earlier....it is now summer more people have to work or they just have more free time to do other things. HELL, they may be fixing their car now and in a couple of months come back w/new pictures.:D

·
Banned
1,078 Posts
Hey no personal attacks or implimenting.

The site just like anything else will grow and change, I have seen so many people come and go off of HP its not even funny.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok, mods and admins, you can lock this if you want to. Didn't really mean for a discussion or anything to come of it.

Personally, I was just a bit fustrated, and I guess maybe I shouldn't have posted this.

See you other places around the forum,
Black04gt

·
EVERYONE LOVES HYPNOTOAD!
1,361 Posts
TNT has a good point, it's now nice out and the forums always rely slow down over the summer. To the people who left, I wish them luck, and could you PLEASE come back and get Spike. :) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
I'm not leaving, I'm always modding my elantra.

Since this is an elantra forum, i don't care what anyone thinks or says about me or my car, i'm still gonna work on it and show everyone what i did and how i did it

shawn

1 - 14 of 14 Posts