Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
no longer a newbie :)
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of white rims on cars? I have a black car, but nothing else on my car will be white...i think it might look funny or ricey.

:confused:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yea, I think it would look a bit awkward.

Polished Aluminum rims and chrome look good on black cars.

Personally, I dislike chrome cause of the weight, and the cleaning, but they do look damn good on black/very dark colored cars.

My vote, go Polished Aluminum

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
i just love black and bronze, maybe its just my messed up color scheme :)

see ^^^ THATS HOW WE SHOULD BE TO EVERYONE DAMNIT...

HE DISAGREES WITH ME, BUT HE RESPECTS MY OPINION

WHY CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG

sorry :(

shawn

·
Not such a Newbie
714 Posts
Sorry guys, but I do like the idea of white rims on a black car. My '04 is black and I will be putting white rims on it. But I'm going with a black n white color scheme all over, so I think it'll work. In the end, it's up to you. Are you changing your cars appearance to make yourself happy? Or are you doing it to please others? Think about it.

Axel

·
Super Hero
579 Posts
Since mine is also black and my accents are white, a little red, and CF, and I have painted white calipers, I think it would look good IF they were the right set of rims. I think that may be the biggest issue, not that they are white. If I were to go with white rims, I would go back to the red calipers. Altho it could also look too pimp.

A photochop would help.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I'm pretty sure Volk wheels look good in any colour on any car! But still the white does look good on a black XD.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
My color scheme was going to be white rims too, with white accents - as in white writing/decals, white transparent paint on a cf hood, or anything cf for that matter......I must have changed my color scheme a million times. If you follow trends, I think white rims were in last year, this year it's bronze or gold following the lines of Subaru. Colored rims are also big this year I find. Just find a color scheme first and go with that. The most difficult thing about white rims, is finding one that you like, because there aren't that many around. On a black car, IMO it would stand out WAY too much. Black rims on a black car - very stealth, chrome on a black car - super sweet but I know not much of you guys like chrome....all depends - just do what you wanna do and everything else will follow.

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
white rims are ricey but it doesnt work with every color for your car. I dont think white rims on black car look to good. only my opinion though!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts