Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· XD2/KDM style ㅋㅋㅋ
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to know who have this combo and how it is??
I did search.. and it might be good time for me to change my caliper and rotor... I'm thinking about doing this set up...:rolleyes:

· XD2/KDM style ㅋㅋㅋ
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
How much did you pay for parts?? Is there going to be a problem with Hyundai dealer if I change to that set up?? like.. void warrenty?? I still have my warrenty...

btw GT tib is 2.7 v6 right??
Cause I know in Korea, people have Elisa caliper and Ef sonata rotor for this kind of set up...

i have the 11" tiburon calipers, and 11" sonata rotors.

and it feels fine. brakes way better than my oem setup did, mostly because my brakes were faulty from the get go.. but yes, i do enjoy my BBK.

· 2.Slow
9,737 Posts
uhm... u can do either 11" or a 12" i think? im not sure, i have the 11" setup.

i dont think it voids any warranty.. the brake warranty is very short iirc...

i traded cypher a Wii game for the calipers, so thats basically 60 bucks... then like... 90 bucks for the sonata rotors, and then i also bought some EBC red stuff brake pads, which was a lil more too.

· Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
if you want 12" rotors you need to get the xg350 calipers and spec5 rotors.

· Registered
3,960 Posts
Aren't spec 5 rotors only 11"? As far as I was aware, the only way to go 12" was to go xg calipers and redrilled xg rotors.

· Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,678 Posts
pete, where the hell did you find 11" calipers!?

· Registered
3,960 Posts
he was asking how did you get them so damn big? 11" CALIPERS ****ing massive **** dude. That'd make brembos jealous.

· Super Moderator
12,635 Posts
See. thats where the SARCASM came into play that you didn't get.

· Premium Member
26,011 Posts
So, I think I want to do this mod/upgrade.

One thing that confuses me with all these threads is that they say the 2004 Sonata 11" rotors have to be the ABS ones. I don't know how this works since I have a non-ABS Elantra. Does it not matter at all?

So if it doesn't matter I simply need:

2 11" Sonata ABS rotors from a 2004 Sonata
2 Tiburon calipers from a ?year? Tiburon
2 Tiburon brake pads (EBC or Hawk)

Should I buy the rotors and calipers new? Can the calipers be used and still work?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.