1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Rebuilding the XD
6,253 Posts
Drink it!

·
Rotary Freak
420 Posts
Depending on what brand oil you are using, you can have less or more vapors as well. Some oils that have lower flash point will vapor earlier than oils with higher flash point.

I believe Mobil One and Amsoil are the only two with the highest flash points I think..

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Salisbury steak. mmmmmmmm. that's some good crap. Seeing this........ I might make an oil catch can myself. As delicious as it looks, it don't look so good for my motor. Dang, I'm hungry, but if I eat now, all those calories will go straight to fat. How long has it been since you emptied that thing? Hot Ham!

·
Torque is Sex!
46 Posts
He did mention 1 year.:)

Salisbury steak. mmmmmmmm. that's some good crap. Seeing this........ I might make an oil catch can myself. As delicious as it looks, it don't look so good for my motor. Dang, I'm hungry, but if I eat now, all those calories will go straight to fat. How long has it been since you emptied that thing? Hot Ham!

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
didn't see it my bad

·
the king of bondo
157 Posts
So....
excess "oil" in the catch can = excess blow by gases = bad piston or bad piston rings?

·
Registered
667 Posts
The PCV system vents crankcase pressure caused by the engine breathing normally, that's why all cars have this system these days. There is always a little blowby. Forced induction and high-RPM operation will both tend to aggravate the situation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts