Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, so some people have gotten bits and pieces of this whole fiasco in the chatbox, but here's the whole thing if anyone missed it.

I bought OEM rims from another forum member and they were shipped from NJ in two different boxes. They were sent out Friday and I received one box on Monday. The other box didn't come. So on Tuesday I called the shipping center with my tracking numbers and they told me they would call me back and tell me what happened. A few hours later they call and tell me that the tracking statement says that it's "In transit" and that sometimes boxes get separated, and to wait a week before filing a claim with UPS. Nifty.

A week passes, and I drive to the closest UPS store to see if I can make a claim there. I give the woman my tracking number, and says that the package never left the UPS warehouse in NJ. She then shows me the difference in the delivered package (shows the scanned destinations) and my missing box (never saying it departed). I call the warehouse that had the box, asked them about it, and then was transferred to the claim center. I filed a claim and was told that they would actively search for the package for 8 business days. I call 8 days later to only be told that my claim was closed out and my package wasn't found.

So after my rage fit, I asked what I was supposed to do now. I needed to get the shipping receipt, and proof of value of the rims. I had to call the shipping center and get them to email that to me, then I had to go to the Hyundai dealership and get that quote ($515.xx) and I have to email it to UPS. UPS will then send that information to the HQ and they will determine a value and a reimbursement check will be cut and sent out. But it will go to the sender as that's who they are protecting/is their customer. NOT the person who opened every claim and tracer, not the person who went through this whole mess.

And I hate how their policy makes sense and is understandable.

So here I am, FURIOUS that UPS can't do something so simple as to get me my ****ing box, and I go through all of this work and stress only to have that come and slap me in the face. I would have driven up to NJ and ransacked that damn warehouse if I had the money to.

By the end of this whole thing, I'll only have 2 rims and wasted time. And a paper trail. I might say screw it and sell the other two and just call this a bad experience, but that all waits to be determined.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're okay, haha. This whole thing has just been the biggest headache ever.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
UPS smashed my OEM hood deflector...

I hate them so much, because that was the last new one I have seen since 2008...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts