Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

Would you ever purchase another Hyundai, if yes, which model?

• No

Votes: 30 9.1%
  • Accent

Votes: 21 6.4%
  • Elantra

Votes: 133 40.4%
  • Sonata

Votes: 107 32.5%
  • Azera

Votes: 49 14.9%
  • Tiburon

Votes: 127 38.6%
  • Tucson

Votes: 37 11.2%
  • Santa Fe

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Upcoming minivan

Votes: 15 4.6%
  • Upcoming pickup (if it happens)

Votes: 22 6.7%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
i know that i would get the tib just cuzz that is the car i wanted to buy for my first car but insurance would have killed me. insurance alone for that car for me was over $400 a month. so i went with the elantra. i tell you what i love it.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Next car (if Hyundai) will be the Sonata or the Azera. The Elantra was great, and I loved it when it was new, but now I wish it were a little bigger. I already own a Santa Fe, and will probably have that for a while. The only way I would conisder a tib, is if they put a decent engine under the hood. (I have made my hatered for the 2.7 Delta well known on this site).

If I had to buy a new car today (note the 2 hyundai's I would buy are not available) it would be a toss-up between an RX-8, a G35 (lower end), or a TSX. Once the Hyundai's are available though, that's a lot of value for what you get for the dollar, making the 3.3L Sonata and 3.8L Azera, very compeditive.

·
Not such a Newbie
714 Posts
I would get either a new Elantra....like an 06 or above....whenever they go to a new bodystyle. OR, I would get a Tib IF they came with one of those new V-6 Lambda engines. :)

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
may of 07 will be the release of the new style 08 elantra, with the convertible 3.8 lambda powered tiburon...

shawn :)

·
Not such a Newbie
714 Posts
Sweet. That means I could probably get an 08 Tib in the spring of 08. They may be cheaper then to make room for the 09's. Plus, this will give the Aftermarket about a year to develope some goodies for it. :)

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I'd be interested in a Sonata... or possibly an Elantra..... just depends on how much money I have at the time...

·
Broke @$$ Fool
2,648 Posts
I picked no, but the answer would really depend on my situation at that point in time.

I love my Elantra, but it wasn't my first choice of cars, just the most logical. At the time it had the most bang for the buck with the best warranty, and being young it was all I could afford.

Unless Hyundai starts building and tuning cars at the level Honda/Toyota are at, I probably would not get another Hyundai unless it was all I could afford.

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts
i would get a sonata, lower it, put some classy wheels on it, and have a nice classy car. tib would be if im wanting a sports car. honestly, when i went to the dealership, i was looking for a tib, v6, but when i found out about the price, i was like "hmm...im not 100% sure i can afford that" to myself, so i got the elantra

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would say a definite yes. My choices are as follows if money ever allows:

Weekend car: Tibby
Second car(for my soon to be wife): Elantra
Larger car/Family car: Sonata/Azera
Hauling/Winter use: Pickup if it ever happens
Daily driver: My current Elantra

This comming from someone just over 2 weeks ago said would never own a Hyundai!!!(LOL) Loving them now.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I said no... for the simple fact that the book value on Hyundais goes down way too fast, so when you trade it in on something new youre almost always in the hole, cause no one wants to give you anything on a Hyundai.
Also it seems that Hyundais concern for performance, technology, and driving pleasure is just not up to par with other car makers today. (really has it ever been?)
I don't want anyone to think I don't like Hyundais, because I do....But when I bought my car it was simply bang for buck and what I could afford at the time I purchased my car.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I'd consider another Elantra if they offer a high performance version of the upcoming model with a manual transmission. Realistically I'll probably get a Sonata GL 5 speed.

·
Mad Scientinst
338 Posts
My next car will be a performance orientated Hybrid, i.e. Lexus GS 450.

I am not set on who will make it, although Toytoa seems to be leading the charge. If hyundai made a fun-to-drive hybrid car, I'd be all over it.

I think my wife would enjoy the Hybrid Highlander that goes on sale in June. I plan on taking one for a test drive as soon as they show up. She has declaired that she gets the next car and would really get a kick out of the treehugger factor.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.