1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Other options seeker
693 Posts
It would make posting a lot easier. Might want a name structure in place to keep down the clutter though.

Yes, greatly usefull IMO

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TNT4ME said:
Might want a name structure in place to keep down the clutter though.
What do you mean by name structure?

OPZ said:
Depends, how much space would we get? But I might, if its easy to access and use.
It's a real friendly interface. It works similar to the Manage Attachments way to post pics. Just find the picture on your computer and hit upload.

Maybe some of the Pro Members can chime in here.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
GLS (Good Looking Sucker)
96 Posts
It would make posting a little easier, but I think you would need file size limits, daily space quotas, or something set up so it is not abused.

·
Registered
230 Posts
superGLS I have a great piece of software for galleries. I'd like to talk to you sometime about maybe helping out with the site. Making the COTM look better and if you want to check out an example of the gallery i'm talking about let me know.

as for being on topic, galleries would be great but i wouldnt use them because i have my own webservers.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Other options seeker
693 Posts
Thanks for the Gallery, I am sure it will be useful.

A name structure/file structure is just that. Similar to your forum structure. ie "Interior", "Exterior", "Engine" etc etc....that way you could also have one for "Misc" that gets cleaned every so often, and duplicates of things could also be minimized if ppl looked through the pics and used the ones there before posting new ones.

I can't help it, I run a file server amongst others and this works really well for us on our image portion of the server.

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
Im a new member and it would greatly interest me. I signed up for carstereo.com because i liked the forum people and i could post pics of my car and installs. So now that i have a new elantra id be super interested in posting pics of it on here!

I agree that a size limit would be smart, as well as giving pro members more space. Also perhaps limiting basic members to (1) gallery and pro members unlimited or something of that nature.

·
Detailer at heart!
62 Posts
I think it's a cool idea! A few sites have that, like detailcity.com, it's called the garage there...

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
My name is Aaron
7,827 Posts
i would use it, but i feel that pro members should have something above what regular members can have. as i have not donated, i feel that the regular members should only be allowed no more than 100mb for pics and whatnot while promembers can have 1gb or more

·
www.dfwhyundais.com
2,143 Posts
Vampyrate said:
i would use it, but i feel that pro members should have something above what regular members can have. as i have not donated, i feel that the regular members should only be allowed no more than 100mb for pics and whatnot while promembers can have 1gb or more
100MB!?? 1 GB!??!?! you're crazy dude.. hosting will only provide you with so many gigs

~5mb for non-members, and up to 15-20mb for pro's should be more than enough. Remember.. they're pictures.. pics take only about 100kb or less if you take them at the right resolution for web (800x600)

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
My name is Aaron
7,827 Posts
i said no more and no less!

but yeah, its been a long hard week already. drove home, got a job, came back the same day after some "fun" with Gena and almost got in 3 car accidents related to old people and driving. i cant wait to go home in the next few days or so... i need the break

1 - 20 of 23 Posts