Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok what is going on here? I mean everyone is leaving, noone is actually trying to help people, threads get 150 views in three hours with like 4 replies???

When I first got it this place was thriving... now, it is dying

comments please

shawn

·
Registered
52 Posts
i've been super busy lately...my lack of responses have nothing to do with site politics. i refuse to get dragged into the seedy underbelly of xd, and to be totally honest, i haven't even formed an opinion about what has happened to cause people to leave. it has zero impact on my daily life, and debating the issue adds little to my overall enjoyment. that's not to say that someone would be in the wrong for leaving...they are free to do what they want with their time as well.

basically, i'm indifferent. is there something in particular that you would like help with? i tend to reply to im's quickly.

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
I think everyone needs to take a vacation, drink some beers, forget all the bs and come back nice helpful and friendly like it used to be. And before anyone says it, I am one of the people desperatly in need of a vaca but that will be taken care of with a trip to Vegas in 3 weeks.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dunno, I just see this place falling down around us... I mean I don't base my life on a website, but I enjoy posting here, I enjoy having everyones opinion on my car and my ideas, but i don't like politics.

shawn :)

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
there has been a break out of people taking off here. I dont know why everyone that doesnt agree with something that is said here feels the only way to make a point is to leave but.it has to stop. The reason why things are posted is to get help or construstive critisizm. If you dont like the responses you get that doesnt mean..." I'm out" It is only someones opinion about what you asked. we all need to relax a lil and not take so much of this stuff personal.

·
Now have a blue car.....
535 Posts
I dont see it... I come around once in a while.. looks like everything is normal to me... but hey what can ya do...

·
Registered
231 Posts
When I joined this site a month or two after it was created, it was on a roll.

This is what happens when a forum reaches its high... it starts slowing down. Hopefully everything will be resolved and the forum will be what it was like when it first started.

·
Countersteer forever
2,962 Posts
I can only spend a few minutes on EXD at my new job now. So I haven't been participating as much as I used to. I don't think it's dying though, it'll be OK.

We do have 18 active users right now. When I first came here you'd see maybe 5 on at once.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Its not the same any more :(.Don't get me wrong I still love it its just different

·
Registered
281 Posts
O_GT said:
Its not the same any more :(.Don't get me wrong I still love it its just different
Yeah alot of shit happend so everything is messed up. Dealing with vendors and even other members who have sold stuff on this site has turned me off to modding my elantra. This is going to be my last post as I'm deleteing after this to not take up anymore server space. But alot of ppl where treated unfairly. Alot of ppl are covered for and if you call them out you get yelled at and thread deleted but if you go after soemone else the thread will stay open for a while.

Well anyway no need bring up old shit. But I wish Elantraxd.com the best been a fun ride while I was here. To OdessitPashka I won't be coming to the Baltimore meet when I got the pm about the shirt I expalined everything there. Have fun I hope you can get some new people on the site and return it to it's former glory.

·
Registered
741 Posts
EXD is still growing. Its not going to disapear anytime soon. And who says no one is being helped?? I see lots of reply's in the help and newbie sections.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I left on my own accord, and I went to the GT site. I felt like there is too much
and I didnt want to be part of it. Some others felt the same way and left also. If the GT site gets like that, then I will leave there also.
While I was here I helped people, and most helped me, and I thanked them for that. I learned alot from the people here, I just didnt appreciate some things.
While I was here I was polite, and had respect for others even when I disagreed with some things they said, and being in a non position of authority (not a moderator)I never told someone not to post something, or try to control anything. That can't be said for all however.
Again, thanks to all for your help, I appreciate it. I may pop back just long enough to look up things in the archives now and then....By the way SED, your on a roll with the mods, keep it up...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well everyone knows why I left. Then we factor in taking my moderator title with no email or PM first and then banning my Fujiheavy acct again with no email or PM first.

How ironic that now they want me to PM or email them first before discussing this stuff on the forum. Besides I think it is good for people to see how they will be treated if they have feelings that are different then the people who run this site. The comment to Rshack is even more bizarre.

With this said I will be cancelling my Jmontigny acct here as well. I will not have access to any of your email accts by doing this but I guess that is the way the XD site wants it. I have many of your email information on my MSN group so if I have questions or suggestions for you I will look for the info there.

Really sad to see the XD step down to this level. Oh well. Off to work and hanging out on the EGT club where people can appreciate differences of opinion.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
ya good one Spike :abovelol: :rolleyes:

Jay its kinda like your trolling now, what are you doing man? Geez :(
You and Talgat need to straighten this thing out, leave it alone on the forums please, I asked you to email me so we could chat about things like we used to. Theres nothing ironic about it, I'm trying not to get dragged into it but it seems that it can't be avoided.
I'm trying to stay nuetral, my feelings about what happened have no place in public view.

·
Registered
851 Posts
All forums have bickering and disagreements and rude comments, it's inherent to this form of communication. Without the face-to-face element of conversation, it's impossible for this sort of stuff not to happen. People just have to realize that and deal with it. If they get all upset and leave, that's fine, it's their problem, one day they'll realize that the only way to not get offended on the internet is to just stay the hell off the internet! Personally, I really only have time to check one site a day for XD info, and this is it.

·
Registered
542 Posts
It is one thing to disagree, and it is expected. Just say I disagree with you, and here is why. If I'm wrong then maybe I'm misinformed, and thats cool. Don't say hey your full of crap and stop posting that shit, especially when your not a mod or anything.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts