Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I am a mechanic, and and elderly lady came in with an '02 Elantra GLS with a blown head gasket. I bought it from her for $100 and covered towing. The car was in very good condition and had low mileage. Other than the obvious engine malfunction and small dent in the left rear quarter (and the fact that it's tan opposed to a better color), the car was amazing.

I know, I won. :)

Here's the question... Is it an XD or XD2? given the following...
For the engine solution, I dropped a 2003 2.0 DOHC with low mileage in for only $700 plus the time me and my dad took to put it in. What does that make my prefix considering the year of the motor and the face-lift?

Also, what is my car worth if the engine had about the same as my car in miles, which is just on 81xxx now?

Here is my car. \/ Dent is slightly noticeable in this picture.
http://www.elantraxd.com/forums/asset.php?fid=14887&uid=24508&d=1309018904

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
you sire, have an XD!
XD2 were slightly redesigned. even the 03 was still an XD, the xd2 were the 04-06 models.
while online resources say the facelift happened in 03, you gota keep in mind how car manufacturers push the next year model early. it was really for the 04 model

from what i can tell, and althought ive never seen one, there are 03 XD2s in other parts of the world, but ive never heard of one here in the US.

welcome to the site!

*edit: the wiki says they had 03xd2 is japan, and i would assume korea as well

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! :) While you, and EXD SupaMod, are here, what kinds of mods should I start off with if the car is completely stock minus my radio?

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Everyone seems to always start with an intake. It is the quickest and, depending on where you get it, the cheapest thing you can start with.

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
yeah intakes are always a nice addition.

my first mods were:
wheels
tint
sound system upgrades

one of the better mods you can do is getting the Tiburon sway bar. It will make the elantra one look like "barby's first sway bar"
:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts