Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Hero
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nope not yet but want your input.

Dynojet is out. Forget it. Don't even suggest it. The only ones even remotely close to me want $100-$150 per hour and have virtually no experience with sport compacts.

This IS the place and machine I WILL be using. monkeywrenchracing.com/services.html Please make suggestions as to what would be beneficial info. The Dynopack machine can do a lot of stuff so since I have never done a dyno before, please help me make sure I get numbers that are relevant and unquestionable.

SAE corrected numbers are a given.

It is still pretty expensive at $85 for 3 pulls.

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
Unless you are tuning the car it doesn't matter what kind of experience the shop has. All they are doing for the dyno run is strapping the car down to the rollers typing in some specs of your car on the comp and stepping on the gas. Dynopack are good dyno's but with the adjustability of it if you have a less knoweldgable person running the dyno the numbers might not be accurate. The other problem is that this is not a really accurate measure of WHP because the wheels have been removed. If you're not interested in the WHP so much then this shouldn't be an issue. Dynojet really is the standard becuase of the lack of variables allowed to enter the equation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts