Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't mind them actually. Reminds me of "Zoomies" that were on the market in the '70s. Would look better I think if they were coming out of side skirts.

A word of warning though, remind people of the pipes when they're getting out of the back seat... especially women wearing nylons. I knew someone who burned her leg on a vette with outside pipes that had no heat guards on them, not only was the burn bad enough to need immediate attention at a hospital, they had to pick the melted nylon out of the wound as well. Just something to be aware of.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
I like the idea of exiting out the sides, but I would have made a hole in the bumper, at the back of course and got a fitted tip to match the hole.

·
Super Hero
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, I am surprised ppl don't like it. I apprieciate the honesty tho. I think tips will make it look better. And by the way, it's loud as hell. I need a bigger muffler.

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
I absolutely melted my leg when i was little on side pipes. I am definately not feeling that idea but if you like it thats all that counts!

·
Registered
28 Posts
it's definitely a first. Right now I'm undecided about it. If you had tips on it, might make a world of difference in looks. As was already stated.... if you like it that's all that counts.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
i would not put tips on it.

thats total rice.

it actually looks good the way you have it.. i hope a mechanic doesnt accidentally crush the pipes on a lift since the pipes are placed directly under the rear jacking points ! haha

as far as making it quieter... you might have some trouble since you are out of room for a muffler..

you may have to just add some small glass packs in front of each pipe in between the fuel tank and the chassis...

good luck... :)

keep us posted and forget about the tips.

·
Super Hero
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
you may have to just add some small glass packs in front of each pipe in between the fuel tank and the chassis...
yeah, that was the plan from the begining. the smalles i could find were 12" but they were still too big so that's why I just went with the one for now.

Magnaflow makes an 18" 4" round that is what i will end up with. Hopefull that quiets it down some.

By the way, i found this online exhaust store that seems to have the best prices around. Checkem out.

http://fulllineexhaust.com/

·
Registered
851 Posts
I like it! I had been wondering what side pipes would look like on a non-musclecar. I would agree with Hatchetman, blacked out would probably look better. Also if they poked through a sideskirt, that would be awesome.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I dig em man, they look good as is and like most have said, I think they'd look realy swank coming out of a set of skirts.

I noticed you also have painted them black now too, much better IMO ;)

·
Super Hero
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It would look tits coming out of the MScarart body kit, huh? $850 tho plus painting and installation. Just too much.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts