Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i broke down and bought a evo fusion cat back!
i got it off ebay for 280 shipped.....

just got it today and put it on....very happy with the product it seems to have been manufactured very well!

havnt drove the car yet so i really dont know the sound yet...should sound real nice with my accord intake!

the only problem i see is that the muffler kind touches the rear bumber...is it going to start to melt it after a while???

please no comments on the 20whp thing...lol
i knew i wasnt gonna get it!

·
Countersteer forever
2,962 Posts
Yes, I think it will melt the bumper over time. I remember a member posting a picture of that at one point. You'll either need to hang it differently or make a cutout.

·
Registered
429 Posts
or you could do what the STI owners do and install a metal plate above the exhaust tip

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
You will not melt the bumper. I have the KORE catback which is almost identical to the Evofusion system and after almost a year I have no melting, distortion, discoloration, nothing. The only time you would have a problem is if the exhaust gasses were exiting the muffler and then hitting the bumper immediatly after exiting the muffler. My KORE muffler is usually cool enough to touch with out burning of being real hot unless I've been driving for a couple hours and even then it cools real fast. IMO you have nothing to worry about. Hell you can even come look at my car if you want we are close enough.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
we need to meet up!!!
been wanting to meet up with you!!
gimme a call on monday or wednesday or tuesday night.....
tuesday night if ur not doing anything i go to a "cruise night" in my area!
its right of I55!!!!!!
gimme a call so we can meetup next week! 7089323894

·
Registered
711 Posts
YOU WILL MELT THE BUMPER!
and its so tight on the hangers that when u hit bumps its will start to crack the rear bumper right where the exhaust is.

That sucker is hot as fuck and it distorts the bumper and lays right against it

get the rubber hangers stretched so its not soooo tight against the bumper

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
Onelove5683 said:
YOU WILL MELT THE BUMPER!
and its so tight on the hangers that when u hit bumps its will start to crack the rear bumper right where the exhaust is.

That sucker is hot as fuck and it distorts the bumper and lays right against it

get the rubber hangers stretched so its not soooo tight against the bumper
Are you speaking from experience or just assuming there will be a problem? According to Jay the Evofusion is almost exactly the same as the KORE catback and like I said before I've had my KORE on for about a year with no melting, no discoloration, cracking or anything happening to the muffler and I did not bend the hangers or cut my bumper. The bumper material is not that stiff/brittle and unless it happened to you already I have a hard time beleiving the cracking part.

·
19 second madman
2,506 Posts
onelove has the exhaust, he isnt full of shit. I have a bit of a melted bumper from the few days it was on mine.

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
Ok, the mufflers must be different enough for there to be a problem with the Evofusion and not the KORE.

·
Registered
711 Posts
2GTS said:
Are you speaking from experience or just assuming there will be a problem?
as tharptroy said....i have one

2GTS said:
According to Jay the Evofusion is almost exactly the same as the KORE catback
i know this was said alot, and of course they are "almost the same" becuz there are not a million different ways to route the piping. in that sense, of course they are the same. even if it was designed after the kore, there would be differences especialy if it was made at a different factory and so forth.

the evo one is extremely well made and sounds great, but they made it too close to the car. i think this was their intention becuz its Perfect Fit but the bumper just cant handle the heat.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I never had a problem with my KORE exhaust. Had it installed for over a year. No bumper modification, no hanger modification.
But since cutting the bumper is not that hard, go ahead and do that. You never know if it will happen to you.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I've got the Evo fusion and I cut the bumper AND modified the hangers on the muffler. My canister defineately gets hot after driving for about twenty minutes. Mine has actually cooked the paint near where I cut the bumper, not enough to cause a serious problem but still...

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
I guess that proves that Jay was a little off on his claims of these exhausts being the same. The KORE doesn't have a problem with the heat but the Evofusion does. Boy does that make me glad I waited and waited and waited for a KORE.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Don't want to start a flame-fest but I think that 20WHP was too much for the paint on my back bumper LOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts